I was nominated by NotAlways Knotty for the beauty blogger award. I want to thank her, and tell you all to go check out her blog! I have really been enjoying what she has been posting. We are both new to beauty blogging, so it it really nice to be able to support each other!
I hope you enjoy this post, and thank you for the nomination NotAlways Knotty!
- Tag the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people who’s blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the people you chose that they have been nominated
NotAlways Knotty‘s Questions for me:
1. What is your favorite makeup brand?
My favorite high end brand is Tarte Cosmetics. They have the cutest packaging and I just love the quality of their products. If I had to pick my favorite drugstore brand, I’d have to go with Maybelline. I just find that overall I enjoy a lot of their products. Although, I really love L’Oreal….maybe it is a tie between the two of them.
2. What is your favorite clothing store?
I love Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. The clothes are classic yet comfortable and fit me really well, plus, they always have great sales! (I love a great sale!) Oh, I love White House Black Market, pretty much for the same reasons I love Ann Taylor and the Loft.
3. What product are you dying to have?
I really want the Lorac Pro Pallete. I know I am eventually going to buy it, but I just haven’t splurged yet.
4. Who is your favorite beauty guru?
Hands down my favorite beauty guru is Tati from Glam Life Guru. She is not only beautiful, but she really knows her stuff! I look forward to hearing what she has to share everyday! If you don’t already subscribe to her videos on YouTube, you don’t know what you are missing! Go check her out today.
5. What is your go to style?
Hmmm, I guess my go to style is classic chic yet comfortable
6. What is your dream job?
Before I had kids, I already had my dream job, I worked on the day shift as an oncology registered nurse and I loved it. (having a day shift made me love it even more!) Now that I have kids, I have my second dream job, being a Stay at Home mom! The pay stinks, but the job is super rewarding 😉
7. What has been your biggest accomplishment?
Definitely my biggest accomplishment has been being a mother to my two awesome children. It is not always easy and it can be so tough and tiring, but knowing that I am making an impact on their two lives is the most important thing I will ever do.
8. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
“Jolie” in French means pretty or beautiful. Having the last name of Joli, it was a natural fit to call the site Looking Joli Good.
9. Where is one place you would like to travel to?
I have always wanted to go to Paris, France. It just seems like such a wonderful magical place. Although, after watching a show on Travel Channel the other night about Montreal, Quebec, Canada, now I want to go there.
10. What advice would you give another beauty/fashion blogger?
You do you! Blogging is about having fun and connecting with people! If you start to get stressed out about it, take a little break. Always be honest and try to enjoy what you are doing!
My Nominees Are…
(It was tough to only pick 10, there are so many great blogs that I enjoy reading…)
- Online Beauty Finds
- Supa Life of a Shopaholic
- Say Hello to Gorgeous
- Ordinary Adventures
- Happy Nami
- All The Best Beauty
- Curly Spring Blossom
- Make Up Plus 50
If you have already been nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award just ignore this (or even better, link your previous “Beauty Blogger Award” post in the comment section,) For those of you who choose to accept, the 10 questions for you to answer are below!
Love all of your sites, so much great content to read and learn!
Here are the 10 questions from me for you to answer
- Why did you start blogging?
- Besides beauty blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- Even if you don’t post daily, do you write/research for your blog everyday?
- What is the number one best makeup purchase you have ever made and why?
- How do you feel about Crocs? haha!
- What was your very first job?
- Do you a save or a splurge?
- Sweet or Salty? Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite dessert? (and if you have the recipe, please share it ;-))
- Who is your favorite beauty blog and YouTube beauty Guru? (I am always looking for new people to follow and watch)
I can’t wait to see what you all answer, as well as who you nominate! Have fun!