Recently I posted about meal planning and using my crock pot to make Seven Days of Clean Eating Slow-Cooker Recipes. Here is one of the recipes that we really enjoyed…
Serve the chicken shredded on a roll as a sandwich with some delicious coleslaw, or for an even healthier option skip the bread and serve the chicken over lettuce as a delicious salad topper.
● 4 chicken breasts
● 1 medium onion, sliced
● ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
● sea salt and pepper, to taste
● 4 peppers, tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
● ½ cup hot sauce* (I use Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce)
*This can be spicy for some. Want it mild? Use a little less hot sauce!
1. Put chicken, spices, hot sauce in crockpot.
2. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
3. Shred and serve on your choice of sandwich thin, lettuce wrap, stuffed in a pre boiled bell pepper, stuffed in a baked sweet potato or over salad greens.
*Make a ranch sauce to go on sandwiches. ½ cup plain greek yogurt and ½ teaspoon of each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder. This also cuts the spice!!
- 1/4 small red cabbage
- 1/2 small green cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the cabbage.
- Trim the core and any tough stems from the cabbage and thinly slice.
- Add to a bowl with the shredded carrot, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve this right away for more of a salad, or store it in the fridge overnight for a slaw that’s more pickled.