Here’s another tip for Tip Tuesday:
Today’s tip is about how to apply your highlighter to get the best results.
You may be using the world’s best makeup, but when it comes right down to it, if you don’t use the correct technique it’s not going to look good on you. Here are my tips on how to get the best results from your highlighter application.
- Apply cream highlight before you set your face with powder, and powder highlighter after all of your cream products have already set.
- Using a clean brush, makeup sponge, or your fingers, dip into the highlight,
- Tap away any excess, it is much easier to apply more than to try to blend out too much highlight.
- Sweep onto the high points of the face, as well as the areas you want to draw attention too:
- the tops of the cheekbones
- on your brow bone
- down the bridge of your nose
- on the Cupid’s bow of your lip
- on the inner corners of your eyes
- at the point of your chin
- Blend from the high points of the face out.
When done correctly, highlighting can help subtly enhance your facial features. Another benefit of highlighting is giving a radiant glowing lit from within quality to the skin. Highlighting is the opposite of contouring. Contour creates shadows, highlighting does the opposite, it brings forward the area you apply the highlight.
Two of my current favorite highlighters are:
ESSENCE Pure Nude Highlighter in Be My Highlight 01 $4.50
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter $38 available in 7 shades.
Check out previous Tip Tuesday for correct technique for bronzer application, as well as last week’s post about how to get the most out of your blush application.
Let me know if you try it out and what you think! If you are enjoying these tips every Tuesday you can check them all out by clicking HERE.
I would love for you to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can find me as Looking Joli Good on all four.