Thank you to That Northern Girl for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
When she told me that she had nominated me, I didn’t quite know what the “The Liebster Award” was. The word Liebster is a German word that when translated to English means: “sweetheart, beloved person, darling dear, darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others.”
I did a bit of research and found that it is an award that is for bloggers by bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to help with the discovery of new blogs and bloggers. It is also to encourage, support, and connect the blogging community. I think that this is a really nice way to be able to support each other!
- Thank the nominator:
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions provided by the Nominator.
- Notify the Nominees
- What made you start your blog?
Often I get asked by my friends how I do different makeup looks or techniques as well as what types of makeup and brands I use. I basically started blogging because I felt as if I had some things that I could share with others.
- Who/What do you look for in terms of post inspiration when blogging?
I generally keep a composition book filled with ideas to blog about. Whenever inspiration hits me, I will jot down the idea. Sometimes, the ideas make it to the blog, and other times I can’t even remember what I was thinking about at the time, haha.
- If you can achieve 1 thing in life, what would it be?
Well, I have actually already achieved the one thing that I really wanted to do and that is become a wife and mother. But good marriages and good mothers don’t happen accidentally, so it is something that I have to work at every day.
- Are you a home bird or would you rather be traveling the world?
While I used to be a home bird, the older I get the more I want to travel! I wish that I had done more traveling and sight seeing before I settled down with a family.
- One beauty product you can’t live without and why?
It may be a bit boring, but I cannot live without CeraVe Cream moisturizer. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. And if you have beautiful skin, the rest of your makeup just looks so much better.
- Which bloggers are on you reading list?
I have so many awesome bloggers on my reading list some of my favorites are Jill GG Good Life for Less, Vivianna Does Makeup, Happy Nami, Curly Spring Blossom, Online Beauty Finds,
Out of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr which is your favorite social media outlet?
I love Instagram! I think it is because I am a very visual person.
Do you see yourself still blogging in 5+ years?
I don’t know for sure what I will be doing in 5 years, but I definitely am enjoying blogging now, so hopefully I will still be at it in the future.
What is your go to fashion brand?
I love Ann Taylor clothes, and GAP jeans.
- One of you guilty pleasures in life?
My favorite guilty pleasure is dulce de leche ice cream from Haagen-Dazs, Yum!!!!
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
If you have already been nominated for the Liebster Award you can either just ignore this or even better, link your previous “Liebster Award” post in the comment section. For those of you who choose to accept, the 10 questions for you to answer are below!
Love all of your sites, so much great content to read and learn!
My questions for the nominees:
- What is your biggest makeup pet peeve?
- What makeup tools do you use on a daily basis?
- Favorite TV show?
- Where would you like to travel to if you had an endless amount of time and money?
- Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Stain, Balm, or Lip Liner?
- What do you use to remove eye makeup and mascara?
- Who is your favorite beauty guru on youtube?
- What is your favorite makeup brand and product both high end and drugstore?
- What products are on your short list to buy next?
- What is one thing that you are you the most proud of?