As you may remember I had I posted about meal planning and using my crock pot to make Seven Days of Clean Eating Slow-Cooker Recipes. Here is another one of the recipes that we really enjoyed…
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serves 4 Ingredients
● 1 tsp salt
● 1 tsp black pepper
● 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1″ cubes
● 1/2 cup red wine *optional*
● 1 cup beef broth
● 3 Tbsp tomato paste
● 1 yellow onion, diced
● 2 cups sliced mushrooms
● 3 carrots, chopped
● 1 tsp dried rosemary
● 1 tsp dried thyme
● 2 whole bay leaves
● 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
● 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
● 1 healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
*you can add diced potatoes too*
1. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl whisk tomato paste into the beef broth. Pour over beef along with the wine.
3. Add carrots, onion and mushrooms along with garlic and remaining seasonings.
4. Give the ingredients a good stir, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours. It’s done when the meat is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
One thought on “Slow Cooker Beef Stew”
Reblogged this on Ancien Hippie.