Lately I have been loving eating black beans! They have such a great hearty flavor and are so good for you too! This time of year when it is so cold outside, I love to eat soups!
When I saw this recipe on Tidy Mom, I knew that I was going to love it! So simple and so delicious!
Black Bean Soup Recipe
This Hearty Southwest Black Bean Soup is full of flavor, you’ll never miss the meat. Ready for the table in 30 minutes, but it’s even better the next day!
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 3 (15 ounce each) cans black beans, undrained, divided
- 2 teaspoons on minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilis (I hate the flavor of peppers, so I skipped the green chilis)
- 1 (11 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- Place one can of beans in blender; add garlic, chili powder, red pepper flakes, chipotle chili pepper, cumin and salt. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture into stockpot.
- Stir remaining 2 cans of beans, broth, tomatoes and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
Check out the original recipe by clicking HERE.
I serve it with sour cream (or plain no fat greek yogurt) and cheddar cheese on top. I also make corn bread to serve with it. You can also serve it over white rice for a different type of dish completely. If you want to have meat in it, add ground beef or ground turkey or shredded chicken. So delicious!!! Enjoy!