I cannot believe that 2017 is already practically over! Time really does fly! I remember saying to one of my patients in May that it would be 4th of July in no time, and here it is already almost New Year’s Eve! Where did the year go?!
Despite the time flying, I have fallen in love with some great products this past year. Here is a list of my favorite 17 things or 2017. I have included both beauty and non-beauty related items with links to make shopping easier 🙂
- This is my favorite eyeshadow single of 2017
- This is my favorite Palette from 2017
- Lorace Unzipped $42
- These are the runner-up palettes
- Tarte Tartelette in bloom $46
- Smashbox Photo Matte Eyes $25
- Winkylux Kitten Palette $25
- PUR Cosmetics Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow Palette $34What can I say, I really like eyeshadow!
- This is my favorite Lip Product of 2017.
- Favorite Body Wash of 2017:
- Caress Mystique Forever Body Wash $4 This stuff smells so amazing! My skin never feels dry or irritated when I use this body wash. I like all the scents, but the purple one Mystique Forever is my favorite.
- My favorite Skin Care item of 2017
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray in both the Aloe Herbs, and Rosewater version and Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea version. I’m pretty much obsessed with these sprays!
- Dr. Brandt Skincare PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator. My skin looks so great when I consistently use this exfoliator.
- Loreal Revitalift Intensive Anti-aging Day cream Moisturizer $17
- Curél hydrotherapy wet skin moisturizer $10
- My favorite makeup brush of 2017
- Eco Tools Angled Crease Brush– perfect for applying eyeshadow to the crease
- Royal and Langnickle BMX 430 Moda Crease Brush
- My favorite makeup related decision of 2017
- Switching from ipsy to Boxycharm
- My favorite fashion purchase of 2017
- This dress and 2 other long flowing dresses.
- Runner-up this sweater and two others from A New Day line at Target
- Runner-up these Dansko booties. I get stopped all the time so that people can ask me where I got my booties.
- My favorite book of 2017
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. I have read a lot of books this year (65 to be exact.) I have read some great ones and some not so great ones. Out of all the books that I have read this year, The Best Yes by Lysa TurKerst has made the most impact on my life. I have been teaching a Bible study at my church based on this book. Since I have to teach, I have been forced to get into my Bible more deeply as I have studied this book.
- My favorite way to listen to music:
- Spotify. My husband recently switched from a regular account to the family plan. I have been loving having my own playlists!
- My favorite artist of 2017
- Lauren Dangle. Her voice is amazing and I love the style of worship music that she sings.
- My favorite song of 2017
- Broken Things by Matthew West. I especially love the lines “The pages of history they tell me it’s true.That it’s never the perfect; it’s always the ones with the scars that You use”
- Runner-up Different by Micah Tyler. I love the line, “And I don’t wanna spend my life stuck in a pattern And I don’t wanna gain this world but lose what matters.”
- Runner-up Thy Will by Hillary Scott. My favorite line from this song is “I know you hear me, I know you see me, Lord Your plans are for me Goodness you have in store”
- My favorite Podcast of 2017
- The Next Right Thing by Emily P Freeman. Her voice is so soothing! “If you’re in a season of transition, waiting, general fogginess or if you’ve ever searched “how to make a decision” on the internet, listen in as best-selling author and host Emily P. Freeman helps create a little space for your soul to breathe so you can discern your next right thing in love.”
- Runner-up Up and Vanished by Payne Lindsey
- Runner-up Cary Schmit and the Emmanuel Baptist Church podcasts
- My favorite “Ice Cream” of 2017
- Halo Top I love them all but my favorite flavors are PB Cup and Oatmeal Cookie! The PB Cup has only 320 calories in the entire pint and 6 grams of protein per serving! Eating these two together is a match made in Heaven!
- My favorite food discovery of 2017
- Trader Joe’s Avocado’s Number Guacamole to Go. Six packets of 100 calories of guacamole. I love putting these into my lunch for work or grabbing it on the go when I don’t have time to make myself something healthy for lunch.
- My favorite Looking Joli Good posts of 2017
- I really enjoyed writing all of my posts from November about Gratitude. I enjoyed reminding myself daily about all that I have to be thankful for.
- My favorite thing of all 2017
- I love Cadbury Mini Eggs. This year I discovered them at CVS during the Christmas season!
What about you? What have you been loving during 2017? I would love to hear all about it in the comment section!
I would love for you to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can find me as Looking Joli Good on all four.
4 thoughts on “My Seventeen Favorites of 2017”
The Tarte in Bloom in on my wish list! I like their little palette and I assume the formula is the same in the large one.
That flowy dress looks so comfy! ❤
I had a pair of Dansko shoes ages ago, they were so comfy! Hmm now I want those boots. 😛
Cadbury Mini Eggs are a huge deal around here… Easter is incomplete without them.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Get the boots! You will be so glad that you did! I posted a picture of the Black Full Grain, but I actually have them in the Black Milled Nubuck. I love them. I have always worn Danskos to work at the hospitals and I always will, such a great shoe!
The Tarte formula is the same as the smaller palettes. You’ll be glad you got it!
Mini eggs! 😍❤️
I want guacamole now and cadbury eggs! :p i love mario badescu face sprays they are really soothing. It seems like the years fly faster as you get older 😦
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, I wish time could slow down! Thanks for reading! 🙂