A few weeks back my friends and I celebrated “Friendsgiving” One of my friends made some delicious homemade caramel popcorn. For me it was love at first bite! She gave me the recipe and I have been enjoying homemade caramel ever since! So simple and delicious. While I prefer to eat all of this homemade caramel popcorn myself, this recipe is perfect for giving away as gifts during the holiday season.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Measure 1/2 cup popcorn kernels into a lunch sized paper bag.
- Loosely fold just the very top of the bag over so the kernels don’t spill out. Tape it shut (or you may end up with a microwave full of popcorn!)
- Lay the bag in the microwave taped side down. Shake the kernels to spread them out evenly in the bag.
- Microwave until there are no more than 3 seconds between popping sounds. (My microwave usually takes 2 min 30 seconds, but I stand by and listen very closely!)
- Carefully remove the bag and open it carefully, the popcorn is hot! Enjoy!