Well, as I have recently mentioned, I have really been trying not to buy new makeup…easier said than done! I really like to browse the makeup aisles! I love to look at all the new things! I love to get great deals on makeup! I love to buy all the makeup!
Unfortunately, I don’t have a ton of space to store all the many beauty products that I buy. I have so many makeup products that I have used one or two times and completely forgotten about. I also have so many awesome products that I don’t give enough love to. I have decided that I am going to be going on a strict No Buy! I will be shopping but it will be in my own stash. Hopefully along the way I will discover some new loves and rediscover some old goodies!
Here are my self imposed rules to my No Buy…
- I can repurchase a product if I run out of a holy grail product that I always use on a daily basis. (ie my Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara is running low and I know I am going to have to buy another one soon.)
- I can purchase/repurchase hair care and skin care items as they run out and need to be replaced.
- Ipsy and Walmart Beauty Subscriptions are not included since they are automatic subscriptions.
- Although, Target Beauty Boxes are going to be included in this self imposed No Buy. I have so many stacked up filled with product samples that I have never used.
- When I feel as if I want to buy something new I need to first stop and ask myself “Do I already own something very similar to this product?”
- I need to try out and use up products and samples that I already own.
- Chapstick/lip balm is a major necessity, so if I see a new one that I really want to try, I can get it…Never mind, that totally goes agains the point of what I am trying to do. No new chapsticks/lip balms. I definitely have enough already!
What about you? How do you decided when to cut back on your spending? Do you have a monthly makeup budget? If so how much do you usually spend?