What will you need? exercise mat and free weights (3, 5 or 8 lbs depending on your strength level)
Get ready to squat! Regular squats, sumo squats, chair squats, and step out step in squats.
While this phase is meant to be low impact you will still be sore when you first start out.
Where can you expect to be sore the next day?
The workout is broken down into 4 circuits; each of which are repeated once with one minute of cardio in between the circuit repetition.
Here is a breakdown of phase one workout one
- Military March
- Arm Circles
- Hip Circles
- Knee Circles
- Squats -advanced modification jump squats
- Modified Push-ups on the knees-advanced modification-military style push-ups
- Plank hold -1 minute
- Chest Fly with weights-advanced modification-heavier weights
Cardio -1 minute “Towel” circle runs -repeat circuit 1
- Sumo Squats-advanced modification- jump sumo squats or add weights)
- Tricep Kickbacks with weights -advanced modification-heavier weights
- Standing abductions on both sides -advanced modification-oblique crunch
Cardio -1 minute Speed bags-repeat circuit 2
- Chair squats with front raises
- Tricep Extensions
- Warrior 2 pose -advanced modification-add weights
Cardio -1 minute- Marching in place-repeat circuit 3
- Single leg kick outs – right and left
- Bicycle crunches
- Lateral raise with weights -advanced modification-heavier weights
Cardio -1 minute-Step in, step out with squats-advanced modification-add weights-repeat circuit 4
I have finished the first two weeks of phase one and now moved on to the second half of phase 1-workouts 3 and 4. I was super sore from the workouts the first two days, but after that not much at all.
I will write a detailed review of Workout 2 and Cardio 1 soon.
I hope this was helpful if you are trying to decide if Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is right for you!
Here is one of my very favorite Jillian Micheals quotes:
“It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.”