Have you ever been using a drugstore product and thought to yourself, “Hmmm this reminds me of…(insert high end product name)” or vice versa with a high end product?
Did you know that many of the high end companies we love are actually owned by one of the well known drugstore cosmetic companies?
YSL, Lancome, Georgio Armani, and Urdan Decay all have the same parent company L’Oreal.
Even Essie and EM by Michelle Phan and many more are owned by L’Oreal. I love L’Oreal, it is one of my favorite drugstore make up brands. You may remember that I also love Maybelline, it is also owned by L’Oreal.
Here is a list of the companies that are owned by L’Oreal:
- L’Oréal Technique
- L’Oréal Professionnel, (including ARTec and Innate)
- Kérastase (created by L’Oreal in 1964)
- Kéraskin Esthetics, (created by L’Oreal in 2007 and specializing in skin care professionals.)
- Matrix Essentials, (founded by Arnie Miller in 1980 and acquired by L’Oreal in 2000.)
- Mizani, (founded in 1991 and bought by L’Oreal in 2001.)
- PureOlogy Research, (founded in 2001 and acquired by L’Oreal in 2007.)
- Redken 5th Avenue NYC, (founded by Paula Kent and Jheri Redding in 1960 and acquired by L’Oreal in 1993.)
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair
- Carol’s Daughter
- Giorgio Armani
- Viktor & Rolf
- Ralph Lauren
- The Body Shop
- Shu Uemura
- Stella McCartney
- Guy Laroche
- Paloma Picasso
- Urban Decay
- Maison Martin Margiela
- Yue Sai
- Helena Rubinstein
- L’Oréal Paris
- Nyx Cosmetics
- Carol’s Daughter
- Créateurs de Beauté
- EM Michelle Phan
- Niely Cosméticos
- La Roche Posay
One good thing about L’Oreal is its standards on animal testing:
“L’Oréal no longer tests on animals any of its products or any of its ingredients, anywhere in the world. Nor does L’Oréal delegate this task to others. The rare exception allowed is if regulatory authorities demand it for safety or regulatory purposes.”
Did you know that L’Oreal owned all of these other companies? Are any of your favorite brands owned by L’Oreal?