What will you need?
- Exercise mat
- Medium resistance cable
- Free weights (3, 5 or 8 lbs depending on your strength level)
While this phase is meant to be low impact you will still be sore when you first start out.
Where can you expect to be sore the next day?
The workout is broken down into 4 circuits; each of which are repeated once with one minute of cardio in between the circuit repetition.
Here is a breakdown of phase one workout two
- Table position and stabilize with the opposite leg and one arm stretched out
- Pelvic thrusts with left leg across the knee-advanced modification- raise crossed leg and continue with pelvic thrusts even more advanced add the use of the cable for added resistance
- Superman-advanced modification- pulse (I seriously HATE these!)
- Pelvic thrusts with right leg across the knee -advanced modification-same as above
Cardio -1 minute-Alternate knee thrusts -repeat circuit 1
- Static lunge with torso rotation – right side-advanced modification add weights
- Wide dumbbell rows-advanced modification- heavier weights
- Static lunge with torso rotation – left side-advanced modification add weights
- Bicep Drags-advanced modification – heavier weights
Cardio -1 minute-Side to side kickbacks -repeat circuit 2
- Deadlift with a bicep curl-advanced modification – heavier weights
- Donkey kicks right leg
- Crunches-advanced modification – add weights
- Donkey kicks left leg
Cardio -1 minute-Knee pikes – 30 seconds on each side
Repeat Circuit 3 with the exception of the cardio bit
- Medium cable row while seated on the mat wrap cable around feet and pull-advanced modification-wrap cable around again
- “Good Mornings”-advanced modification- use weights
- Hammer Curls-advanced modification- heavier weights
- Step-ups with weights-advanced modification- heavier weights.
Cardio -1 minute-Upper Cuts in a half squat position-advanced modification-use weights-repeat circuit 4
I have already completed these first two weeks of phase one and now I’ve moved on to the second half of phase 1-workouts 3 and 4. I was super sore from the workouts the first two days, but after that, not much at all.
I will write a detailed review of Cardio 1 and Workout 3 and 4 soon.
I hope this was helpful if you are trying to decide if Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is right for you!
Here is another one of my favorite Jillian Michaels quotes:
“Transformation isn’t a future event, it’s a present day activity.”