What will you need? exercise mat and free weights (3, 5 or 8 lbs depending on your strength level)
Get ready to squat! Regular squats, sumo squats, chair squats, and step out step in squats.
Just like workout 1, workout 3 is focused on the front of the body. It incorporates some yoga moves as well as strength training. Right away you will notice that the workout is more intense than 1+2, but you will also notice how much stronger you already are.
Where can you expect to be sore the next day?
The workout is broken down into 4 circuits; each of which are repeated once with one minute of cardio in between the circuit repetition. Some of these things are harder to name/explain.
Here is a breakdown of phase one workout one
- Jumping Jacks
- Cat Cow Stretch
- High Kicks
- Lateral Leg Swings R/L
- Jumping Jacks
- Down Dog with ankle grab R/L
- Alternating Backwards Lunges-advanced modification-add weights
- Plank walks outs
Cardio -1 minute Jumprope
- Sumo Squats with tricep extension-advanced modification- add heavier weights
- Camel yoga pose with ankle stretch (looks a lot easier than it is.)
- Squat press -advanced modification-add heavier weights
- Cable press with static lunge
Cardio -1 minute Punches with half squat-repeat circuit 2
- Plank to Crescent pose back to plank
- Crab position with dip
- Side Crunches R/L
Cardio -1 minute- Plie Hops-repeat circuit 3
- Tree pose with Lateral raises-use liter weights – right
- Plank ups (these are so hard, but I love them)
- Tree pose with Lateral raises-use liter weights – left
- Inchworm crunches
Cardio -1 minute-Skiers-repeat circuit 4
I have finished the first two weeks of phase one and the first week of the second half of phase 1-workouts 3 and 4. I was super sore from the workouts the first two days, (I woke up in the middle of the night in pain because I rolled over and my muscles were so sore from the workout!) but thankfully, after that not much at all. Maybe take some motrin before going to bed. 🙂
I will write a detailed review of Workout 4 soon.
If you are interested in my review of Workouts 1+2 and Cardio 1 click HERE.
I hope this was helpful if you are trying to decide if Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is right for you!
Here is one of my very favorite Jillian Micheals quotes:
“You have no idea the strength you have within you!”