Hello everyone! I thought that since I have been blogging for a just about a year now and several of you have joined in a long the way I would introduce myself a bit more. So, today I am doing this “A Little More About Me” tag that I have seen floating around the beauty blogger world.
Here is a list of 31 questions to get to know a little more about me…
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is perfectly naturally straight, and I absolutely love how easy it is!
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I have never dyed my hair. It is still the same exact color that God gave me. If I do need to start dying it, I will definitely let a pro do it.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I am a pretty routine kinda gal, so pretty much stick with the same general style, but usually when I mix it up I am not even that far from my usual.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I get my feet done at the salon (not as often as I would like to), but about every 4-6 weeks. I don’t get mani because I don’t like to have my cuticles pushed back, so gross! Just writing about it now makes my fingers hurt!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
If you have been around Looking Joli Good for very long, you already know the answer to this question. Never, I don’t polish them. It drives me nuts if my polish chips at all! So instead of having to redo them as soon as that happens, I just don’t polish them. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
My toes are always polished, so yes, I definitely polish my toes in the winter! I like the way my feet look better with polished toes
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Depends on what look I am going for. If it is just a more natural face then 1oish minutes, but if I want to take my time and be more detailed then probably around a half hour. Don’t ask my husband though, he’d say I spend 3 hours every day putting makeup on. (I wish I had that amount of time.)
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Usually face because I take the most time on the eyes, so I don’t want to spend too much time in the beginning and then end up running out of time to do the rest of my face.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I love makeup, but I also like to save money and get the best price possible. I get overwhelmed by too much stuff. I would say I am a makeup wearer, but not a makeup collector.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never, and I don’t ever plan to start. I think that they look good in certain situations, but as a mom to two youngish kids, totally not necessary in my life.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Not every single day, but usually I am out and about, so I put make up on almost every day.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Not usually if it is just my husband and kids at home all day, but if we are possibly going somewhere I always put it on just in case.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Um, well…yes, I don’t really like to, but I will if I have to.
Are you still with me? Haha!
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I love a great deal, and don’t like to spend a ton of money, but I really do like nice things. I don’t have a huge collection of high-end products, I’d say off the top of my head less than 20.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
For church, special days and work, I plan ahead and get it ready at night, but usually otherwise it just depends on how I feel that day.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
Quite often. Generally when I find a great purse I will use it for a while, but if I am wearing something nice and it doesn’t match my outfit I will switch to another one.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
It depends on the day and the season. During the school year most days I wake up at 6 am to work out usually, 7 am during the summer if I want to work out before my kids get up, pretty much never after 8. I go to bed around 10:30pm each night (in bed by 10:24 to be exact), but on the days I work I am usually asleep about 9:00pm on the couch next to my husband.
18. How often or when do you workout?
Six days a week in the morning. (I am pretty obsessed!)
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
5″4′ …ok, ok, ok…5″3 1/2′
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Nope, but I have been trying to learn French. It is going pretty slowly though.
22. How many pets do you have?
You all know about my sweet 10 year old Boston Terrier Tessie. She is the sweetest, kindest, most loyal dog in the world!
23. How often are you on WordPress?
Every day, probably too many times a day!
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes, but not always. Usually it depends on what the blog is about whether I read the comments or not. Of course I always read all the comments on my blog.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, I do. If more than one person I trust recommends a product I will add it to my list.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
My last name is Joli (said Jolly) and I’m sure you have already heard the saying “Jolly good”. Joli/Jolie in French means pretty/beautiful so I just put it together and came up with Looking Joli Good.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I have a Nikon D3300 and sometimes my phone a Nexus 6P.
28. How often do you clean your house?
Every. Single. Day. Feels as if that is what I spend the majority of my time doing…(although if you ask my family they will say I spend all my time putting on makeup and talking.)
29. What’s your favorite color?
I am a girly girl all the way and as unoriginal as it probably is, my favorite color is pink. I also like tealish blue as well
30. Do you swear?
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Hanging out with my dog and my kiddos