Did you think that I totally forgot about these? Nope, I didn’t! My sore muscles haven’t forgotten either!
Like workout 2, workout 4 is focused on the back of the body but has more compound movements than the earlier 2 workouts.
What will you need? exercise mat and free weights (3, 5 or 8 lbs depending on your strength level)
While this phase is still meant to be low impact you will still be sore when you first start out.
Where can you expect to be sore the next day?
The workout is broken down into 4 circuits; each of which are repeated once with one minute of cardio in between the circuit repetition.
Here is a breakdown of phase one workout four:
- Butt Kicks
- Single Leg Hip/Glute Stretch
- Backwards Arm Circles
- Alternating forward Lunges
- Static Squat with a Medium Row
- Single Leg Deadlift with Upright Row
- Opposite Leg Deadlift
Cardio -1 minute Plyo Skaters -repeat circuit 1
- Side Lunge Bicep Curl
- Bent Over Wide Row High and Wide
- With arms holding weights strait up, step back with front knee down onto the ground into kneeling position back up to standing with weights lifted over the head the entire time (does that even make any sense? Trust me, it is super hard and not fun at all!)
Cardio -1 minute-Alternate step up/hops with weights-repeat circuit 2
- Side laying single leg lift with heavy weight
- Plank with alternating leg raise
- Side laying single leg lift with heavy weight opposite side
Cardio -1 minute- Fast Feet-repeat circuit 3
- Terry Pulls right side (looks easy, but if done correctly it is a lot harder that it seems)
- Good Mornings with 2 heavy weights
- Terry Pulls left side (not an ab move, think about the terry muscles that you are using.)
- Swarms (crunch up and rotate touching your ankles.)
Cardio -1 minute-Jab Cross Hook Upper Cut Combo- repeat circuit 4
Since I haven’t written about Body revolution in a while, I finished phase one and now moved on to the second half of phase 1-workouts 3 and 4. I was super sore from the workouts the first two days, but after that not much at all.
I will write a detailed review of Workout 2 and Cardio 1 soon.
I hope this was helpful if you are trying to decide if Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is right for you!
Here is one of my very favorite Jillian Micheals quotes:
This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments when you can choose whether or not to say ‘I cant’ or ‘I can.’ It is a choice that will either make or break you for life.