What will you need?
- Exercise mat
- Medium resistance cable
- Free weights (3, 5 or 8 lbs depending on your strength level)
Where can you expect to be sore the next day?
The workout is broken down into 4 circuits; each of which are repeated once with one minute of cardio in between the circuit repetition.
Here is a breakdown of phase two workout five
exhale-fold down touch the ground,
raise half way with a flat back and exhale,
jump back into a plank pose,
down into a chaturanga pose,
Flow into up dog, exhale
bend the knees look up
jump up to standing
Repeat 3 times.
- Push Ups with a side plank rotation
- Deep crescent pose with triceps pulses using light weights
- Jumping Squats -advanced modification add weights (I seriously HATE these!)
- Repeat exercise 2 on opposite leg.
Cardio -1 minute-Mountain climbers -repeat circuit 1
- Static Lunge with Lumberjack rotation using heavy weight – right side-advanced modification add heavier weights
- With light weights, drop and hold sumo and do arm presses ?
- Static lunge with Lumberjack rotation using heavy weight – left side-advanced modification add heavier weights
- Scissor abs
Cardio -1 minute-High knees -repeat circuit 2
- With the cable, create a loop, step through into a deep crescent pose, pull the cable in and back to a “T position”
- Crab exercise with right leg raised
- Repeat the first exercise on the opposite leg
- Repeat crab exercise with your opposite leg raised
Cardio -1 minute-Cable Punches
Repeat Circuit 3 with the exception of the cardio bit
At this point Jillian says she wants you to be able to have sex with the lights on and when your son ask you what that means you quickly tell him you don’t know what she is talking about and ask him to leave the room until you are finished. Oh Jillian, thanks a lot!
- Medium cable row while seated on the mat wrap cable around feet and pull-advanced modification-wrap cable around again
- Line tricep press
- Repeat exercise 1 on opposite leg.
- RepeatLine tricep press on opposite side.
Cardio -1 minute-Speed rope (like jump rope only a lot faster!)-repeat circuit 4
I am not going to lie, I kind of hate this workout, but I got through it and am so glad that I don’t have to do it any more!
I have already completed these first two weeks of phase two and now I’ve moved on to the second half of phase 2-workouts 7 and 8. As usual, I was super sore from the workouts the first two days (oh my word so very sore!!!), but after that, not as bad.
I will write a detailed review of Cardio 2 and Workout 6 soon. (I have really enjoy doing Cardio 2!)
I hope this was helpful if you are trying to decide if Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is right for you!
Here is another one of my favorite Jillian Michaels quotes that I tell myself all the time when I feel like I want to quit, phone it in, or take an easier modification:
“Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!”